Fabrication and Prototyping in the LearningLab
In this course, students will firstly experiment with standard fabrication and prototyping technologies such as arduino, raspberry PI and digital 3D fabrication. They will then choose a specific topic for further in-depth work and finally collaborate between each other to build complex demo prototypes.
The course is divided in two parts:
- hands-on appropriation of a specific technology
- open group projects involving multiple technologies
Evaluation is project-based with a final oral examination. Two exercises are graded:
- specific technology presentation, demonstration and shared knowledge contribution
- open project final presentation, demonstration and documentation, including project relevance
The course consists in weekly 3-hours long sessions in presence, alternating between theory and hands-on practice. Theory will provide introductive information on:
- real-time embedded programming
- service containerization
- electronics and sensors/actuators
- inter-process communication
- 3d modelling/printing
T0 – General |
The course will also contribute to showcase the different technologies available in the LL and count as certification
Julien Nembrini |
The course page in ILIAS can be found at https://ilias.unibe.ch/goto_ilias3_unibe_crs_2793347.html.
Schedules and Rooms
|Schedule||Thursday, 13:15 - 16:00|
Due to equipment availability, the course is limited to 10 participants. Interested students need to send an email to Dr Julien Nembrini (firstname.lastname@example.org) if possible before attending the first session. This email should state in a few sentences the student’s main interests to take part.