The principal objective of the course is to provide the student the essential knowledge for understanding the risks and technics to fight against hackers attacks. The course presents the fundamental concepts of security, security equipements, mecanisms and software solutions. The course combines lectures with practical exercices that are integral part of course. These projects focus on many aspects : developping security mecanisms, configuring infrastructure, securing network, approach and behaviour regarding to security.
T2 – Security |
- theoretical introduction – what recovers the term of attacks and fight means, organisational measures
- cryptography and algorithms – symetric and asymetric
- authentication mecanims and directories – LDAP, AD, Kerberos
- securing TCP/IP with IPSec
- securing messaging systems – infrastrucutre and fight against spam
- securing Web applications – SSL and certificate, OWASP
- firewall and proxy – firewalling concept, rules, DMZ and VPN
- intrusion and virus – password management and intrusion detection
- security policy – theoretical approach to security policies and tools
- virtualization of infrastructure – concept of virtualization and hyperconvergence
- hacking techniques – a few technics exposed such as scan, enumeration, code injection, web attacks, ..
Hervé Sanglard |
The course page in ILIAS can be found at https://ilias.unibe.ch/goto_ilias3_unibe_crs_2793358.html.
Schedules and Rooms
||Wednesday, 14:15 - 18:00|
The first lecture will take place on Wednesday, 20.09.2023 at 14:15 in UniNE, Unimail, room B104.